Delta Deputy Speaker Osanebi, Ezechi Sue For Peace Between Obeche and Umuinyiagbo Community in Ndokwa East.
The Deputy Speaker, Delta State House Of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Osanebi Ossai Friday convened a meeting which was hosted by the Commissioner representing Ndokwa Nation on the board of DESOPADEC, Hon Nnamdi Ezechi.
The meeting was attended by SSA to the Governor of Delta State on Project monitoring, Hon. Alex Aniche, the Chairman of Peoples Democratic Party,Ndokwa East, Chief Ugo Asibelua, the President General of Inyi Clan improvement Union, ICIU, Mr. Chukwuemeka Chukwuji and delegates from the two Inyi Communities of Obeche and Umuinyiagbo.
Following the peace which was initiated by the Deputy Speaker through his God given wisdom, the following resolutions were made, agreed on and signed by both parties with their hearts filled with joy.
1) Inyi Clan Improvement Union ICIU through it's President General and Executive should mobilize resources in conjuction with responsible and responsive stakeholders in Umuinyiagbo to commence repairs on the home of Chief Francis Nwafili which was touched during the crisis. An update on progress in the rehabilitation work should be made in 3 months, by May 2017.
2) Umuinyiagbo Community should encourage the peace and reconciliation process by lifting all restrictions on farming activities.
3) Owners of properties mildly affected by the crisis should commence repairs on their homes to obliterate the scars of war inflicted on the communities.
4) Any youth seen with dangerous weapons in Obeche and Umuinyiagbo will henceforth be arrested and treated as a common criminal.
5) All perceived sponsors of the crisis at home and elsewhere should note that any further breakdown of law and order in both communities will be linked to them while the security forces will be unleashed on such persons no matter his status in the society.
6) Inyi community is further encouraged to assist in flushing out mercenary elements in the two communities to pave way for the resolution of the crisis between the neighbouring Obaluchi communities of Onuaboh and Utchi.
7) All pending cases including fresh arrests by the police should be stepped down to allow true reconciliation and healing process. Such cases are expected to be finally withdrawn when a satisfactory bill of acceptance is extracted from both parties in fulfilment of the terms contained in his resolution.
Mr. Felix Nwakonobi who stood in great awe for the wisdom given to the Deputy Speaker by God, thanked him on behalf of Inyi people alongside with Comrd. Ezechi and prayed that wisdom, truth and peace will always be with them and their various families.